Think you can scare us?
Enter the DMPL Scary Story Contest for your chance to win PRIZES!!!
1st Place- $20 Gift Card to Zombie Burger
2nd Place- DMPL Prize Pack
3rd Place- 3 Free DVD Rentals
1. Stories must be original works of fiction.
2. Writers must be aged 11-18.
3. Stories can be no longer than 500 words.
4. Writer must include name and phone number/e-mail to be eligible for prize.
5. Entries must be printed legibly or typed.
6. Deadline for entries is-Friday, October 26th at 8PM.
7. Winners are determined by judges & decisions are final. Stories will be judged based on creativity and adherence to contest rules.
*We encourage stories that build suspense & mystery. Humorous stories are also welcome. Stories with graphic violence & inappropriate words/themes are discouraged.
How to Enter:
Stories can be entered either online or in person.
- Online: E-mail your story to email@example.com (You MUST include your name and phone number/e-mail address)
- In Person: Hand your story into any of our fantastic librarians. Be sure your name and phone number/e-mail address are on your front page.
For some inspiration, check out some of the following authors: