Do you ever get stuck in a reading rut? Reading challenges are a great way to get excited about reading again. Best of all, they connect you to others who are reading similar, if not the same, books.
YALSA’s 2013 Hub Reading Challenge has begun and lasts through June 22nd. Read 25 out of the 83 eligible teen titles to complete the challenge.
Even if you’re not in a reading rut, challenges like The Hub are lots of fun! There are prizes, too, so check it out!
For more information on how to participate click here.
Have you ever participated in a reading challenge before? If you decide to enter The Hub Reading Challenge, what will you read first?
Think you can scare us?
Enter the DMPL Scary Story Contest for your chance to win PRIZES!!!
1st Place- $20 Gift Card to Zombie Burger
2nd Place- DMPL Prize Pack
3rd Place- 3 Free DVD Rentals
1. Stories must be original works of fiction.
2. Writers must be aged 11-18.
3. Stories can be no longer than 500 words.
4. Writer must include name and phone number/e-mail to be eligible for prize.
5. Entries must be printed legibly or typed.
6. Deadline for entries is-Friday, October 26th at 8PM.
7. Winners are determined by judges & decisions are final. Stories will be judged based on creativity and adherence to contest rules.
*We encourage stories that build suspense & mystery. Humorous stories are also welcome. Stories with graphic violence & inappropriate words/themes are discouraged.
How to Enter:
Stories can be entered either online or in person.
- Online: E-mail your story to email@example.com (You MUST include your name and phone number/e-mail address)
- In Person: Hand your story into any of our fantastic librarians. Be sure your name and phone number/e-mail address are on your front page.
For some inspiration, check out some of the following authors: